Friday, August 8, 2008

Rainstorms and campfires

I'm starting to look at things and wonder if it's the last time I'm going to see them for a year. Granted, I won't be seeing a lot of friends and family for a year. I may also be missing frappucinos, tye-dye shirts, Reese's Cups, and rain. I joke about the other stuff, but there was a mini-rainstorm that appeared after lunch today. I just sat on the porch in one of the rocking chairs, which is one of my favorites of camp, and watched the rain. It was really beautiful. I don't know how much it rains in Jerusalem.

I also had my "last" campfire tonight. I'll never really have a last campfire, because they'll have to have an armed guard to keep me away from camp. I had my last one as a staff member though. I just feel like life is becoming a big list of goodbyes and "lasts." I feel somewhat like I am dying and have to finish my business. My last meals are coming up next week, along with my last hugs from my best friends.

It's good. I know it's right. It's just scary.

Dear God,
Thank you for giving us rainstorms, hugs that crack my back, rocking chairs, campfires, and all the other awesome things I loved today. Please be with the staff as they finish their last day with campers tomorrow. Please be with me to find peace with all that's going on in my head. Please also be with my friends and family who need your love and guidance. Amen.

No comments: