I haven't blogged in a pretty long while, mainly because packing and saying goodbye to a year's worth of relationships is rather time consuming. Not to mention it's physically and emotionally draining. I'm hoping to write some profound synopsis blog in a few weeks, when I feel like I've processed this year, not that I will have ever truly processed this year. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm back in the United States, alive and well. I also wanted to tell you the first few things that I've noticed as "different" or as a part of my reverse culture-shock.
- I think I should know all white people, because, well, they're white and they speak English.
- I can read street signs? And menus? And ingredient labels?? CRAZY!
- Cars go slower here and honk waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less.
- American tomatoes? Disappointing.
- I am really friendly with people at stores, because I'm used to saying thank you. My mom thinks I'm just practicing my English.
- It's cold here. Really cold. I sleep in a hoodie and sweatpants.
- I'm pleased that I can leave my house in shorts and a tye-dye t-shirt, or sweatpants.
That's about what I have for now. I'll try to blog again with some more thoughts and some details about my future life. It's only the beginning of this crazy life. Thanks for all of your continued thoughts and prayers!!
Much love,
Meredith

No comments:
Post a Comment